Your Trusted Source for Information on Health
Phentermine and Health
Phentermine Side Effects
There are a few vitally important considerations about the safe use of Phentermine.
- Only take Phentermine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more Phentermine than directed or take it more often than directed. Do not continue taking Phentermine for a period longer than that recommended by a doctor. Taking Phentermine for a longer duration than directed could lead to unwanted side effects and could become habit forming.
- If you feel that Phentermine is not working properly after taking it for a couple of weeks, do not increase the dose. Instead, consult your doctor.
- Phentermine can have the unwanted side effect of causing difficulty sleeping. If taking one dose per day, take the dose 10-14 hours before bedtime. If taking more than one dose a day, ensure that the last dose is taken 4-6 hours before bedtime.
- Always take the dose of Phentermine whole. Do not crush, chew or break the tablets before swallowing.
- Phentermine can be taken with food to prevent stomach upset.
- Always take only the correct dose of Phentermine as advised by a doctor.
Typical oral dosage for Phentermine is:
- Adults - 15 to 37.5 milligrams (mg) once a day, taken before breakfast or 1-2 hours after breakfast.
- Children under age 16 - use is not recommended.
Note that the dose of Phentermine is often different for different patients. Always follow your doctor's recommendations for use, or the instruction for use on the package label. If you miss a dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage of Phentermine
- Keep safely out of the reach of children
- Store away from heat and direct light
- Do not store in damp places, such as the bathroom or close to the kitchen sink - heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down
- Safely dispose of outdated medicine or medicine that is no longer needed
Learn more about phentermine and other medications at the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research website. Find more information about phentermine diet pills at the National Institutes of Health.
Copyright 2003-2010 Healthreserve.com All Rights Reserved.
All images remain property of their respective owners.